Sunday, February 15, 2009

Invitation to Insight


For this exercise I interviewed my baby sister Becca and my boyfriend John. I've known Bec since she was born, so 15 years, and I've known John since the first day of freshman year, so more than two years ago.

They both agreed that I care allot about the other person and what they are saying, and that I'm empathetic and try to understand the other persons point of view. Becca thought I was good at seeing other person's motivations, although John didn't really agree.

Becca thought I wasn't very good at being blunt, mainly because I was afraid to hurt someones feelings. She said sometimes, being overly friendly and sensitive isn't always the best approach. John also agreed with that, he thinks I see the world through rose colored glasses, and think that everyone is nice, even hardened crimminals.

I wasn't really surprised by anything they said, I know that I'm to trusting and that I think everyone's nice, and I do try to avoid hurting peoples feelings.

Truthfully, I don't really think these are bad traits so I'm not so intent on changing them. Perhaps being nice isn't the best way to get what you want, but I'd rather not hurt someones feelings than get my way. I also would rather think everyone is nice than be paranoid that everyone is out to get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment