Thursday, March 26, 2009

are you...are you tlking about Sirius Black?

I met an extremely interesting person in Bavaria. There I was sitting, drinking a cappuccino at Mickey-Dees, casually conversing bout the next Harry Potter movie when from behind me, I hear the tell tale Squee of a fan girl. It seemed that one of the girls who worked at the grease filled establishment was a serious Potter fan. So serious that she had read the Potter books in English AND German, and ws also a LARP (Live Action Role Player). We (The girl, Chrissy, ALlison, Brooke, Natalie and I) chatted enthusiastically for awhile before we were called away for our Tour. I leaarned some very interesting things from our converstion.
First, and most importantly, The Germaan translator of the Potter books LEFT PEICES OUT. Outrageous. He should be disbarred, imprissoned and die in a fire for such n outrageous offense.
Secondly, Geekiness transends all ages, races, genders, creeds and countries. Neither the Germn Girl, nor the Americans could belive that Sirius Black was truly dead (we all admited to crying at that part) Nor did any of us like the epilouge that JK Rowling had so hastely thrown together for the last book. Actually, nearly all of our opinions on the books were the same, German chick and I both LARP ( She as Sirius and I as Remus and later Tonks). Basically, we are indecently nerdy.
And that is why the Geek shall inherit the earth. No matter what language the other nerd speaks, we are brought together by our fanatical love of fantasy and Sci-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment